Widow here: I have a REGA-related question

Hi,

I’ve posted in the past before when I’ve had questions about my husband’ stereo and Home Audio equipment that I’ve been selling. (He passed away in 2020.) Today I have a question on some REGA items. I have only TWO power cords marked REGA and they’re exactly the same. (Photo below.)  However, I have THREE pieces of Rega equipment: 1) REGA TTPSU; 2) REGA TTPSU2; and 3) REGA Fono MC. Can the power cords be used with any of these REGA items?

Rega Plug in

kkirk001

I wouldn't suspect there would be much different if they can be attached.  

All the components you listed require 24v. So you can safely use these power adapters.

@kkirk001 

depends on the Rega equipment you have -

PS1 350mA Power Supply will work for all Rega accessories and units except: Planar 1, 2, and 3, or Fono Mini A2D.

PS2 100mA Power Supply works with the current model Planar 1, 2, and 3 as well as the Fono Mini A2D.

What TT do you have and which model Fono ( there have been several versions ) do you have ?

HI @dover 

Thanks for your reply. (Thanks to ALL who’ve replied.)
To answer your questions, I’ve already sold my husband’s Planar 3 turntable. As for the model of Rega Fono MC, the box says: Amp - Fono MC Black US 230V PS1.

Does that answer the question?

@kkirk001 

It would appear that if the power supplies have the marking "PS1" it should be ok to use with the Fono from your description. Perhaps he had extra's because one may have an issue. I would suggest you sell both the PS1's with the Phono.

If you want a definitive answer I would suggest send an email to Rega in the UK with the serial number on the back of the fono ( there have been many revisions up to mark 5 ) and a photo of the power supplies - [email protected].