Hegel owners - what speakers are you using

I just bought a Hegel H-190 for a second system in the basement. It’s 15 x 30 and semi-finished with full carpet. I use a H-95 in the living room for music and 2.0 home theater. I’m looking for something to pair with the H-190 for $2k - 3k new or used. I’m looking for either a stout monitor or smallish floor stander, not interested in large, heavy speakers anymore.

My listening down there will be classical, jazz, female vocals, and to a lesser degree rock and pop. My listening never exceeds 80 dB and usually it’s in the 65 - 75 dB range, so speakers that sound lively at lower levels are a big plus.

I prefer neutral to slightly warm speakers with my H-95, so the same for H-190. Because I listen to a lot of symphonic music, I need something that renders acoustic instruments accurately with realistic tone. I dislike horn speakers and anything overly bright sounding. I’m hoping you Hegel or ex-Hegel owners can share your experiences.

dtapo

I heard Joseph Audio Pulsars powered by Hegel at an audio show and the sound was mesmerizing.  Either used Pulsars or their Prism monitors would be great choices given what you’re looking for.  At their $1299 intro price the new LSA Signature 80 would also be excellent and save you $$$.  For smaller floorstanders Totem and Silverline speakers are two worth a good look.  Best of luck.