NODE as just a streamer / Airplay device

What are your thoughts on using the NODE as just a streamer and for airplay, and for storing maybe 30 CD of music in FLAC digital format? I will use a separate DAC, leaning toward the Benchmark DAC3 and I ordered the AHB2 amp.

My goal is a reliable, easy to use interface, easy to set up device that outputs accurate digital signal to the DAC. Probably going with Qobuz. Since this is the software side of thing, I want it to have an easy to use, feature rich interface, and is reliable and supported. Few things are more frustrating to finally getting some time for music listening and then having things not work or connect. I would like to hardwire connect the NODE to Ethernet cable and use an IPad to wirelessly control the NODE via a user interface. I want the Ipad to just be the controller and not be in the streaming loop.

Thanks of your input/advice.

12many

Node works fine (I own two) for this but doesn't store any media. I have a large library of media that it connects to and sometimes use a USB drive. If you use the USB drive with media you can't use that connection for a DAC FWIW.  I have one using the USB connection to the DAC and another which uses the coax to a DAC. 

1) Does the Node do AirPlay?

2) Does the Node have a HD to store your 30 albums?

I have an older Node2 and it does neither

I just looked it up and the current Node adds Air Play.  As per the previous post you can probably store 30 albums on a flash drive which you connect to the usb input on the Node.  I've never done this so I can't comment on how well it works.  Then connect the Node through a non usb connection to the Benchmark.

Otherwise the Node will probably serve your needs.  Keep in mind that many have had product reliability issues with Bluesound, but fortunately we are a minority.  At the price it offers a lot of functionality and the App is pretty good 

Node 2i and the later Node N130 both added AirPlay support, but if you want to store files, you’d have to use the Bluesound Vault 2i, not the Node.

@12many The Bluesound ecosystem does a fine job of streaming (and file management and serving of using the Vault), but its sound quality is inferior to other high end digital sources on the market. Is it good enough? It was for me for many years, and very convenient to use. But if you’re looking for endgame there are many better options at exponentially higher price points.