I have seen a lot of ideas concerning Cable lifters

I have seen a lot of ideas concerning Cable lifters and all seem to be pricy considering the value and appearance. But what if there was an answer that cost virtually nothing and you had the option to choose a multitude of designs and capabilities?
Glass is probably the best Neutral choice and what do we have in abundance. Used glasses (Goodwill). There are so many options around and possible just waiting one more day you can find exactly what you want and even if you don't like their choices there are options at stores that go far beyond what the High End Audio vendors offer. Here are a couple of examples:

esarhaddon

Fwiw- I’ll mess around with just about anything as long as I don’t have to take big loss on it. I played with ethernet switches and thought it was complete BS. Sent everything back, cost me nothing. These cable lifters ran me 60 bucks, these are give aways if I find them to be useless. Ppl take this hobby way too seriously, you gotta have fun with this stuff.

In fact, the ideal option is when the wires are held in the hands of 40 virgins ... (well, or slaves - if you are an Amazon owner)

Tinker toys or scrap lumber. Which given the price of lumber these days could be a small fortune. Ha.