I have seen a lot of ideas concerning Cable lifters

I have seen a lot of ideas concerning Cable lifters and all seem to be pricy considering the value and appearance. But what if there was an answer that cost virtually nothing and you had the option to choose a multitude of designs and capabilities?
Glass is probably the best Neutral choice and what do we have in abundance. Used glasses (Goodwill). There are so many options around and possible just waiting one more day you can find exactly what you want and even if you don't like their choices there are options at stores that go far beyond what the High End Audio vendors offer. Here are a couple of examples:

esarhaddon

Some use ceramic insulators. I use balsa wood with a piece of foam window roll insulation as a damper.

Inexpensive is some foam pipe insulation, you could wrap the entire length of a cable with it for pennies v. dollars....

And it even has an adhesive closure so it can’t get knocked off, perhaps of importance when you’ve sunk big bucks into that cable... ;)

I also use redwood salvaged from my Pergola deck. My son sanded and stained then sealed.  They look awesome. 

Ordered 40 of these from a wood shop on Esty, very nice and inexpensive! they can be turned around with the arch on the bottom of a little better height. The whole cable lifter thing doesn’t seem to make a difference to me but why not. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have found that if your room is at ground level and you have no basement or crawl space below, cable risers can be really helpful.  If your listening room is on the second floor or you have a basement underneath, they probably won’t do much.

JD