Question about assembling my own DIY AC Cable

Hi
I am about to assemble my first DIY AC Power cables for the first time. I chose the Yarbo SP-1100W as cable  and Viborg connectors.
Connectors:
http://www.viborgaudio.com/en/Product/a/chanpin/jianzhusheji/2019/1231/305.html

Cable:

I was looking through some guides on youtube how to assemble it and I found this video from Furutech and as you can see they separate each conductor in 2 branches. I don't understand why they are doing that, does anybody know why? Should I do that as well for my power cable?

Cheers

128x128rayleigh

Pure copper is a soft metal and does not have any memory retention properties. Copper contacts of the IEC will not hold the female contacts tightly against the IEC inlet male plug blades...

@rayleigh said:

I disagree, all audiophile IEC’s even from Furutech or Oyaide have the conductors of pure copper.

Are you sure about that? All female IEC connector contacts are made of pure copper? I see the Furutech says pure copper but I would bet the copper has some sort of a alloy that gives it memory tension.

Furutech top line grounding type 125V duplex receptacles use copper contacts but you will notice Furutech uses a non ferrous stainless steel spring clip for its’ memory tension to maintain a tight solid fit connection against the male plug blades.

Here is what Oyaide uses on the C-004 female IEC connector. Beryllium provides the memory tension.

The basic material for the Oyaide C-004 is Beryllium Copper, which provides maximum conductivity, strength, and a secure contact.

https://www.vhaudio.com/oyaide-c-004.html

I have an AudioQuest 125V duplex outlet that also uses Beryllium Copper for its’ contacts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I would suggest you check with a credible source if the IEC connector you are looking at is just pure copper.... Pure copper alone is soft copper.

I will connect it to my tube amp here is a picture of it

FWIW, my tube ARC amps don't like shielded power cords.

@jea48 I think you are right. I didn’t translate terminology correctly into european plugs.

PS  Do your tube amps not like shielded cables terminated on both ends (may cause ground loop) or were you saying that there is a problem if they are grounded only on one end?

Well as I said they are plated with with oxygen free copper, silver and rhodium. But also on the official website it says pure copper.

You guys raised a concern now, idk if I should send them back :(
This plug here is pure copper, FI-46, Fi-48 and FI-50 are all pure copper

Oyaide indeed uses phosphor bronze and beryllium copper for their more expensive ones. Neotech uses OCC copper.

Idk what to do now, you guys raised a serious concern. It just feelsbad to pay $200+ for 2 connectors if I don’t even have a network streamer or a DDC.

The cable itself costed me $90 for 1.5 meters.