Question about assembling my own DIY AC Cable

Hi
I am about to assemble my first DIY AC Power cables for the first time. I chose the Yarbo SP-1100W as cable  and Viborg connectors.
Connectors:
http://www.viborgaudio.com/en/Product/a/chanpin/jianzhusheji/2019/1231/305.html

Cable:

I was looking through some guides on youtube how to assemble it and I found this video from Furutech and as you can see they separate each conductor in 2 branches. I don't understand why they are doing that, does anybody know why? Should I do that as well for my power cable?

Cheers

128x128rayleigh

Remember that the green gets connected at both ends, but the shield connects to the green wire only at the wall.

PS - I am not a fan of Rhodium plating.  It's not that conductive and it's too hard of a surface which makes it harder to grip well. If you must do rhodium plated plugs consider hospital grade outlets to ensure a tight fit.

@carlsbad  said:

Put the red cable and black cable in the hot pins and the green to the neutral.  The connectors are probably marked.  

Me thinks you need to reconsider your thinking...

I would terminate the black banded conductors on the neutral pin terminal of the male plug, the red banded conductors on the Hot pin terminal, and the green banded conductors on the ground pin terminal. I would only connect the shield drain wire to the ground terminal on the male plug. Float the drain wire on the female IEC connector end...

YARBO SP-1100PW Triple Shielded Power Cable OCC

Jim

@rayleigh ,

Looking at the specs of the IEC connector:

Conductor: Pure Copper

Pure copper is a soft metal and does not have any memory retention properties. Copper contacts of the IEC will not hold the female contacts tightly against the IEC inlet male plug blades... A poor connection can causes micro arcing and cause harmonic distortion. I would look for a better IEC connector.

What wire gauge equivalent is the Hot and neutral conductors?

The individual insulated conductors look like solid core silver plated copper wire. Yes? That’s good...

What piece of equipment will the cord be connected to? Analog? Digital?

The specific answer to your question is that with Furutech plugs and IECs, the connector consist of a clamp with center set screw, as shown below.  Therefore, best practice is to split the wire so that half goes into each side of the clamp.

@audphile1 made a good suggestion to coat the exposed conductors contact enhancer before clamping.  

Yarbo looks like a nice cable. Are you sure you want to use those cheap plugs on it? I’d go for something like Furutech, Neotech, Oyaide or Wattgate.