Townshend or MuRata Supertweeters? Thoughts?

I do love the added air and dimension provided by the ultra-high frequencies that superb supertweeters offer. I owned a pair of Wilson-Benesch Trinity with integral MuRata supertweeters, which I enjoyed very much.

The outboard MuRata run $2k or so. I’ve read that the Townshend are fantastic as well, at half the price. Any thoughts?

Pass X1 2-chassis preamp

Moscode 401hr (GK modded) amp

Thiel CS2.4SE

Chord Hugo2 DAC

Innuos Zen music server

Rega P9 w/Apheta2 cartridge 

Rega Aria Phonostage 

klipschking

I put cheap super-tweeters on my LS-50s and it transformed them into a real audiophile speaker. I was just a test but it showed they can have a use.

I haven't heard the Muratas, but owned the Townshends and I think they are a great addition to a speaker system that needs more air up top, as well as a feeling of more presence overall. Even on the highest setting they're not obvious. I can see how they would be redundant with certain tweeters. 

Are the Murata tweeters still available new?  I thought I read sometime ago that their factory was destroyed.  

Just purchased a lightly used pair of Townshend Maximum Supertweeters w/original box and accessories for $875 including FedEx & insurance. From everything I’ve read, this is going to scratch my itch. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I’ll post an update after I receive and acclimate.

I have had Townsend super tweeters paired with Mason Logan Montoya for about 5 years. It was too difficult to attach them so I have them on stands just outside the Montoya equal to the middle of the stator about 6 inches form the edge. I have them pointed slightly up and backwards pointing towards the front wall. They add presence and air to the music. Wouldn't trade them for anything.