New power service

I had a new power service  put into my home today. I needed to service my new woodshop. So had a 200 amp service put in upgraged the 100 amp service that was here.Anyhow while I was at it I paid the extra to make sure the feeds were all copper and removed  the aluminum  out of the power delivery  to my home. The old meter base when they removed  the old meter was burnt wondering  if there was a short in the meter at some time in the past

Anyhow new copper wire new meter and meter base and even though the amps are not warm.yet everything  has taken a large step up. It was special before it is scary good now. 

128x128retiredfarmer

Did you have a whole house surge protector put in?  You really should.  Protects everything you can't put a high quality strip on, like your GFCI outlets, smart devices, refrigerator, AC, etc.

Also improves performance of high quality strips you use at your PC or stereo. 

Highly recommended.

@jea48 no it is underground  from the back alley. I had the line hydro vaced  so the cuty did not have to splice the line to the new service the line goes into the garage  and main panel there and the house is a sub pannel now instead of the other way around. I didn't  like that idea but from a practical  standpoint  that was the only way. I read one time that dan de agustino paid the utility  company  to change the wire to copper all the way back to the transformer that fed his house. It was a few blocks and cost a small fortune  at the time. He went on to say how much better his  system  was. Lol thirty years later i thought i would make sure i had  copper feeding the house. Lol i dont have that kind of cash to go all the eay to the transformer but copper from the city's  junkson box to the meter and from the meter to my house. 

@carlsbad yes that is likely  the burns look old the service  to the house was redone 20 years ago and likely  that is when it happened. I was luck because  the house is in an area where they upgraded the wiring  so I can put in the two hundred amp  service.  At one point if electric  cars really end  up coming about I got the service upgrade for free except my end after the meter. That will not stay that way if everybody  wants that. 

Very interesting, and congrats on the improvements.  Just goes to show that in audio everything really does matter.  My panel sounds just like your old one — time to call the electrician.