Bluesound Node (2021) PS upgrade to Teddy Pardo; is it worth it?

Hi guys, 

I was toying with upgrading my Bluesound Node (2021) power supply with the Teddy Pardo upgrade kit; around £400 with shipping to UK.

I was wondering if anyone here has done this, and was there a significant improvement to SQ?

I don't use the DAC in my Node, I use a Denafrips Ares II; with this in mind, would the TP upgrade be worth the money, or would I be better off putting the money aside and going for an upgrade to the Node further down the line i.e. a dedicated, stand alone streamer?

Thanks very much
128x128painter24

I know I’m late, but has anyone compared the PD Creative psu to the Pardo psu on the Node N130?

PD currently doesn’t have a power supply for the US and suggested I get a S Booster, so Pardo would be the easiest to get, but…

Thanks

@curiousjim 

PD currently doesn’t have a power supply for the US

I was planning on upgrading my node 2i using the PD Creative "Bluesound Node 2 & 2i upgrade kit – super low noise PSU + interface".  Did PD Creative tell you that the PSU above will not work in the US?

Thanks in advance

@jetter 

Hey jetter,

I sent them an email asking what power supply I needed to go with the PD Creative board for the N130 and they said they had nothing 110 volts and told me to contact S Booster. I believe the 2i is a 7 volt system, so maybe you’ll have better luck.  I’m not sure what country you in, but that’s all I know. 

All the best.

JD

Hi, 

Just an update. I never did buy the Teddy Pardo upgrade and LPS; I found it hard to pull the trigger due to the upgrade and LPS costing nearly as much as the Node. 

In the end I went with the PD Creative option with the Low Noise PS. 

It was a significant improvement, but of course I cannot provide a comparison of TP and PD Creative. 

@painter24 

It'll be interesting to hear about your experience installing the PD and your opinion regarding the improvements it brings.

I am going to order one, did you buy it directly though the Polish PD website or is there a US distributer?

Thanks in advance