Lumin U2 Mini

I was hoping to get user feedback on the Lumin U2 Mini. I currently have a Vault 2i and have really enjoyed it. The Lumin looks appealing to me for several reasons . I was hoping to find a server that would allow me to pull my Vault files through the network but it seems Bluesound is a closed ecosystem and doesn’t support UPnP . That said I noticed the Lumin has digital inputs . This would allow me to use anything in the Vault through the Lumin and my DAC 

I was also wondering how the Lumin app works compared to BluOS. Thanks !

128x128oddiofyl

Lumin app on iOS devices is glitch free. But of course one has to bother to learn how to use it.

@malibu457 wrote:

i think spending over 1K for a streamer is not worthwhile. even a 5K streamer will not beat a CD or flac. file for SQ. streaming is great for discovering new artist and in most cases good enough SQ can be had for under 1K if i find something i rally like and pine for the penultimate "audiophile" expierence i will buy the flac. version download the title online or buy the CD on Ebay.

I didn't have to spend a dollar to beat my Oppo 205 w/ OppoMod LPS.  My built in PS Audio Bridge II card on the DS DAC bettered it.  But it takes time, research and some networking prowess to get streaming to sound 'right'.  Sure, you will undoubtedly dump some money into networking but far less than a quality CDP.

My U2 Mini arrived 2 days ago and I'm having no issues with the Lumin app on Android.

I believe that they did have issues when first released which pretty much kept me away. No desire to to purchase an Apple product just for the streamer.

Happy to report that that is a thing of the past.

I do like the BlueOS better. The Lumin app is good  Like Fynnegan says, one has to bother to learn how to use it :^)

I am still very interested in this unit.  I just need to sell off a few things.   Thanks for the info.  I would still like to access material on the Vault