New In 2022

Happy New Year!

Feel free to cite New or Re-Issue(s) CD, Download, EP, LP, SACD, Single, Stream or Vinyl.

Happy Listening!

jafant
All new, no reissues or archive releases.
There's way to much great new music, for me to waste time with yet more reissyes...
Mary Halvorson - Amaryllis / Jazz guitarist, Mary Halvorson, really hit her stride with this release. While not quite completely avant-garde, it certainly pushes some boundaries.
Unsuk Chin – Scherben der Stille (Shards of Silence), for violin and orchestra / This woman has yet to disappoint me with her compositions.
Green Asphalt - Green Asphalt / Very good Gentle Giant inspired prog from Sweden. Really well executed.
Anna Thorvaldsdottir– ARCHORA / Iceland seems to be producing lots of great composers lately, Anna Thorcladsdottir may be the best of them.
One Shot - À James / This great fusion offshoot of Magma lost their phenomenal guitarist, James MacGaw, to brain cancer earlier this year, but this release is incredible.
5uu's / Dave Kerman The Quiet in Your Bones / A pretty extreme avant-prog album. Kind of hit or miss, but the parts that hit are awfully good.
Knekklectric - Alt Blir Verre / Norwegian prog-fusion, with even a bit of pop vocals.
Asceta - Asceta / Some really top quality avant-prog from this Chilean band. A really nice discovery for me.
October Equus - Noches Blancas, Luces Rojas / Great avant-prog from Spain. May be a good place for avant-prog newbies, since they don't stray too far from classic prog.
Big Big Train - Welcome to the Planet / Speaking of classical prog, this band is not breaking any new ground, but it's hard to argue with their great melodies.
Julian Anderson – Symphony No. 2

US Girls - “So Typically Now” (new digital single, 4AD)

Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra - Nancy & Lee (reissue, vinyl, CD, cassette, 8-track, Light in the Attic Records)

Brian Eno - ForeverAndEverNoMore (new album, vinyl, CD, Verve/UMC)

Lou Reed - Words and Music, May 1965 - (new album, vinyl, CD, cassette, 8-track, Light in the Attic Records)