Amp Internal Wire

Hi Gents, has anyone have any experience with upgrading amp or preamp internal signal wire? Most older equipment seems to have thin maybe sometimes poor internal wiring. In the world of OFC/OCC/Sterling and even more exotic wire available these days, any experiments done using this internally on components swapping out the cheap?

Lots of discussion about doing this with speakers, but never with components I've seen. For instance, I am thinking about replacing copper 'appliance' wire in an old Bryston with 14awg sterling from the board to the speaker binding post board.

Any thoughts?

rickysnit

I think some internal wiring in my LSA Voyager 350 GAN was replaced when I got it modded. It sounded much better after the mod.

Bryston has a deal where they are upgrading old models to required or better spec for all their old models. This program started a few weeks ago and I think is still running.

https://bryston.com/trade-up/

@nonoise 

You had the same reaction last time you were called out as now.
You're not fooling anyone

👍

Charles

I'm not getting into the debate over conductor material but would recommend Teflon for the insulator.  Why?  High melting temperature so less likely to damage it while soldering and then there is the whole low dielectric absorption thing.