Amp Internal Wire

Hi Gents, has anyone have any experience with upgrading amp or preamp internal signal wire? Most older equipment seems to have thin maybe sometimes poor internal wiring. In the world of OFC/OCC/Sterling and even more exotic wire available these days, any experiments done using this internally on components swapping out the cheap?

Lots of discussion about doing this with speakers, but never with components I've seen. For instance, I am thinking about replacing copper 'appliance' wire in an old Bryston with 14awg sterling from the board to the speaker binding post board.

Any thoughts?

rickysnit

Oh, it's you again, with a different name.
39 posts in 4 days.
You're slowing down.

20 yrs ago , my friend look at the inside of my Plinius sa 100 amp , he thought replacing the wire or like plate like would help, We both listen on the wire that we choose, we end up using Audioquest solid core, result is more balance tone.Listening after is the ultimate test.

rickysnit

I used Cardas chassis wire and their solder , also their speaker binding post and RCA connectors .   9.5 awg from board to speaker posts !  and 20 awg from rca connectors to board .  Cardas is harder to work with than most because you have to use a solder pot .  

Neotech stranded wire would be a great upgrade .

@theaudiomaniac :

Oh boy.... it did not take you long to resurface here yet another time. I sounds like I now have to another name in my long list:

theaudioamp

deludedaudiophile

thynamesinnervoice

cindyment

snratio

yesiamjohn

sugabooger

dletch2

audio2design

dannad

roberttdid

roberttcan