Brass versus copper binding posts

Greetings all. My current speakers are the Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD. I recently removed the press on tabs that connect the internal speaker wires to the drivers and solder them directly with cardas silver. I perceive an increase in sound quality, and as we know perception is reality. I planned on doing the same thing at The binding posts. I assumed they were gold-plated copper. But when I put a small drill point into the end of the threaded post the color stayed the same where I expected to see an obvious copper color. I think this means my binding posts are brass. If I’m correct that seems like a cost saving decision by Usher. Would those of you who know more about this stuff than I do agree it would be worth the time and money needed to switch to some quality gold or rhodium plated copper binding posts? Thanks in advance

milkdudd

Sorry I meant corrosion not rust.  Poor choice of words on my part.  I haven't seen speakers with silver binding posts though but maybe those are well above my pay grade so to speak.

I used Pomona Electronics Gold plated Tellurium copper binding posts ages ago and they were very good (compared to running the speaker cable directly to my single driver speakers).

They weren't beefy (but still sturdy) and I prefer less metal mass in connectors.

DeKay