Speakers around 4K: Ascend vs Tekton vs Vapor

Hi,

I'm in the market for mains to complement a JTR Orbit Shifter LFU sub.

I've done some looking around online, and honestly it's a nightmare trying to navigate the world of home audio speakers to find the best choice.

So far, based on the reviews I've read, Ascend Sierra Towers, Tekton Pendragons (maybe the SE version), and Vapor Cirrus seem to be getting the best reviews for their price points. They are all very different though.

Has anybody heard all 3 of these? Or thoughts on other things I should consider?

I'd like to narrow the models down to the most promising ones, and hopefully be able to audition those so that I can make the best decision.

Thanks!
breakbeataesthetechs
I agree with Holley. I owned both the Omen Defs and the Pendragons and both are amazingly easy to drive And both have great midrange and bass. Another option if you are using a sub and would definitely beat either the O-D and the 'Dragon would be the new zu Druid V. For two channel it would be better than either without question across the board.
Have you considered seaton sound catalysts? I don't have room for the jtr triple 12's so I had some triple 8's for a while and recently moved to catalyst 8c. I definitely feel its a good step up in sound quality. I'm in sf Bay Area if you'd like to audition.
Hi David, thanks, I sent you a PM...this website is funky so maybe you weren't notified. (I have to log out and back in every time I want to post!)

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Noesis. The Cats are more than I'd want to spend. But if you end up seeing this post, send me a PM. I might still want to drop by and check them out sometime!

Have been super impressed with Vapor Sound's owner/speakers...they most def give you very good bang for your buck

I have really enjoyed the RAAL tweeter on the Ascends. They really punch far above their weight and in my experience give the "tower" experience in terms of sound. Dave Fabrikant's designs are really thought out, and the impedance curve on the Towers is very kind with lower power amps -- that's why I love mine. They play really sweetly with my KT77 tubes and also my Pass XA 25. I wrote about them at (perhaps too much) length, here.