Node failing, surges?

This is not bashing the product which I enjoy and have other units elsewhere. I have this unit in CO and after 11 mos it simply failed to power up anymore. It was replaced under warranty. Used the new one for 2 weeks and seems like the same issue where it simply shut off and that was it. There was some lightning the second time.

All the stereo electronics are hooked up thru Panamax Max 5100 power conditioner and surge protector. There was no pop, click or anythin when this unit powered off. All other components are fine and kept running. In fact in 20 years never had a power surge take anything out here. The only other thing I can think of it I have Ethernet hard wired into this node and that Ethernet switch is on a different surge protector device. So not clue if I could be a power surge, something thru Ethernet, or something else. 

I have started a ticket with bluesound but figured I would see if anyone had any ideas as besides the loss want to try to ensure it does not happen again. Thanks.

jbs

Just get a mesh router and plug the BlueSound into a node. No need for overkill. My mesh node has no surge protection except for whole house, no problems in many years of streamers. Blew some HD in Synology though from lightening.

My Blue often disconnected from wifi, never since wired to the mesh.

Unless you like spending up for extraneous boxes.

Do you have a solid, steady RED light on plug in and that’s it? Completely dead? Won’t reset, no matter what?

There is no power light. And pretty sure there is no way for user to reset the newest Node. Still waiting to hear back from Bluesound. First came back as problem solved, probably cause they sent a new one 4 weeks ago. 

If I get another will probably just use my mesh wifi and hopefully the direct Ethernet was the culprit. The newest google mesh unit that I have have no Ethernet out. But are about twice as fast as the older ones. 

I asked because that’s what happened to mine and lot of others on the older models, (not sure if they solved the problem on the newer model, hence, why I asked). I was able to fix mine myself, (actually pretty easy, if you’re handy with a soldering iron).

"The Dreaded Red Light Of Death":

Gracias. I wish it would at least power up. Looks like they will send another but no feedback on what may be the cause. I suspect some surge as doubt their power supplies are that bad. When I get the new one I'll stick with wifi unfortunately and hope for the best. I really have no clue, if it is a surge, if it is coming via power or ethernet.