Nucleus, is there a better alternative?

My system uses a Lumin x1 which includes a dac and streamer, so I don't need a box with a streamer and a dac.

Concern is that the nucleus which hosts roon, which I use, might be introducing noise into system. I like the way it sounds but could I do better?

Maybe I need to consider an optical connection vs a Straight ethernet connection between the nucleus and the X1.

Curious about any ideas

jumia

K41 would give you option of server straight into Lumin, no switch needed as Antipodes has two network ports. If you need switch no advantage here, I'd stick with Nucleus, add the lps, very nice server.

Think about a Teddy Pardo power supply For the Nucleus should lower the noise floor.

I run a an Intel NUC10i7 with 32GB RAM and 256 Samsung M.2 SSD running Roon ROCK as my server. It is powered by a Ferum Hypsos hybrid power supply. From there via Shunyata Sigma ethernet cable to a Synergistic Research UEF network switch. Black background and no noise. Runs Roon without crashes. Very snappy. Excellent DSP. All better than my old Innuos Zenith Mk3 server with PhoenixUSB.

A nucliusis Thst that great too begins with , little green computer is much better with a LPS, and going fiber optic can help ,the key don’t buy cheap modules but better brands , uptone audio makes their ether regen thsts takes fiber optic just make sure use use single or multi mode transceiver on both ends same match 

top transceivers around $80 each don’t get the $20 lasers NG 

O and no cheap Ethernet to fiber convertersl8ke the $30 specials too noisy 

This video explains the advantages of fiber optics at the 6:40 mark.  This guy understands digital really well.