? progress

Would a hafler 110/200 setup still be up to contemporary standards?

128x128fstein

I don't think so. I don't even think it was the best around at that time.

I have the Hafler 110/220 pair in my collection. I paid $300 from a local seller - a bargain! Erno Borbley was the designer. I give the sound quality a high rating. This pair is certainly capable of "high end" sound! Status-seekers can look elsewhere!

I owned Hafler stuff in the 80's-early 90's. My first real 'high-end system". Nice sounding stuff back then, not so much compared to what you can buy today, especially if it hasn't been checked for decaying electrical parts. If you own it, keep it as a good second system. But if you are looking to buy, I would agree with @jasonbourne52, for $300-400 it's a good deal, but I see prices around $600-$900. For that price for instance, a new NAD would sound better and have more modern features.

If you like the way the Halfler Sounds (and everything Hafler ever attached his name too was very good), then that’s all that matters.  Who cares what someone else thinks?  I have some gear that’s nearly 60 years old that sound amazing to me, and that is all that really matters.  Halter gear as a whole was very well armed, reliable and offered very good to excellent sound.  

N