Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon

Saw that this morning. Every old Tekton thread with the same, boilerplate inquiry. 
Was someone trying to raise the dead?

All the best,
Nonoise

Look, years ago i had a problem with some dynaudio speakers and i was complaining in this forum... More as one dynaudio people, which officially had nothing to do with dynaudio, have been trying to save the corporate image of dynaudio in front of the audiogon readers. It is obviusly full of them here, from every bigger brand. It's the abc of modern marketing. Its the world which we partially helped to create. 

I have never heard a Tekton speaker so I have nothing to say other than they seem to provide a lot of speaker for the money.  What prompted me to post, and please excuse me if someone else pointed this out,  is the frequently mentioned statement that 14 tweeters have the same diaphragm area as a 9" driver.  If we assume that these are 1" tweeters then the SD or effective diaphragm area of each tweeter would be at most .785 square inch X 14 tweeters = 10.99 square inches.  According to my calculations the average 9" driver has an effective diaphragm area of about 46 square inches.  If the tweeters are 2" tweeters then the effective diaphragm area would be only a little less than one 9" driver.  On pictures of the MOAB it appears to me that the tweeters are all about 1".

Didn't have time to read all the posts. Will be calling Eric tomorrow, and asking several questions, regarding the MOAB's, possibly ordering a pair.. I currently have and  love the DI's, upgraded, 3 yrs ( not SE ) Listen to only Rock, Just hit 70, Product of 60's and 70's  Trying to make this short!!  No one has told me about the BE option, and how they like it??? Won't go into my entire system, brevity, All digital, Qobuz streaming and RS2T transport, Pass X250.8 new (still paying on it) Any comments  or suggestions would be GREAT!!! Thanks Robert TN

Tekton,, boy haven't heard anyone mention that brand in quite awhile. Are they still in  business?..