Zen mini mark III with lps or zen mark III

Looking to upgrade from bluesound vault 2 to something better. Trying out a Node 2021 at the moment but the difference is not huge. The Node goes USB into an Aesthetix Romulus and the Vault goes in over coax. Interestingly, while the Node is the source I can play file from the Vault hard drive. Would like to know if spending a multiple of the cost of the Node to get into a zen is going to be really noticeable. Thanks

cwatters0

It's fantastic that you're going to be able to demo and compare three good brands like that. One thing to pay attention too is the interface which you will interact with constantly, if you're not using Roon,  each brand has a proprietary app. I use Auralic and find their LDS app to be excellent and a big selling point for me.

I had Audirvāna when I was using a MacBook and liked that. The Blueos is very user friendly and I like the fact that all streaming service are available from that app.  The user friendly factor is definitely a big part of the decision 

Started this adventure with John 25ish years ago and the gear he set me up with still sounds great.

So funny to me.  I started with John 31 years ago.  Vandersteen/Adcom stuff.  Or was is NAD?  Right before I had kids, one is now 27 and the other is 30 years old.  I've been happily divorced for 11 years and my kids are already successful adults.  I haven't bought anything from him in probably 25 years but I still have good memories.      

I bought a 432 evo basic model from Dave and when I do upgrade I could spend less than 2times the amount for the next level of evo. You could do that 3 times to arrive at the sota evo, something to think about. You won't have to take a loss trying to sell one of the other brands when you do need to upgrade:)

How do you like the 432 Evo sound?  Did you have a chance to compare it to innous or Auralic?