Aeris speakers amp

I've been lurking here for a while and have gained some appreciated valuable information. I have ordered new Aeris speakers with the Wavelet. I currently have a PrimaLuna EVO 400 preamp and amp (70wpc stereo). I tried out the amp on an old set of original Legacy Focus speakers and found it was not up to the task. I then biamped the speakers with the PL driving the upper end and it seemed to just do the job. The Aeris has larger drivers on the top end and I cannot find an impedance plot to ascertain how much below 4 ohms they go. Since the Wavelet is also a preamp, I am considering sending the PL preamp back and get another PL amp to run in mono. I like the sound of the PL with the Focus and like the triode mode for some recordings. The only other amps I have for comparison is PS Audio M700's and some old PS Audio 250 Delta's. I prefer the sound of the PL over those. My other thought was to get a set of PS Audio BHK 300's but would consider others. Any advice and/or opinions for amplification would be appreciated.
steveindy

The Aeris system I heard was using the Legacy i.V2 amp. One of the best systems I've heard.

Find a dealer that can loan you the i.V2. Based on some of the other recommendations, you might end up saving a ton of money.

I’m coming in late here, but I would agree that if using the Wavelet, you should primarily focus on amps that are deliver unrestricted current and high power. I owned the Aeris/Wavelet combo when loving tubes and realized quickly that using tube amps in combination with the Wavelet pretty much sucks the soul the tubes bring. I hated it so much that I modified my Aeris to use an analog crossover instead which the bass section only was DSP’ed. I then paired the mids and highs with a pair of heavily upgraded Cary 805AE monoblocks, which were 50wpc of SET goodness. It was a wonderful result.

I moved on from this setup over a year ago, and the buddy who bought my Aeris is now pairing them with a PL HP amp (without the Wavelet also) and has been pretty happy. Consensus seems to be high wattage is a benefit, but not at all necessary if current delivery is unrestricted.

That said, if you truly want to keep the Wavelet, consider going SS as the Wavelet may take away the good harmonics tubes bring. 

@sm121055

After spending about a year and a half with the Pass Labs amps, they have proven to be the amps for me. I have no desire to look to something else as I am quite satisfied with my setup as is. I did try every connection permutation with the Prima Luna when making the comparisons with the Pass amps, and the PL just wasn't up to the task and thought running two of them as mono blocks wasn't going to help. There well may be some tube amps out there that would sound great with these speakers but I decided to stay with the SS and end my search. I would expect that Dartzeel amp you are considering would match or even exceed the Pass amps. My only reservation would be the power rating but that would depend on how you listen. I really enjoy the sound from my system at lower volumes and at higher volumes the sound is not degraded in the least as the PL seemed to be. I still have it in the back of my head to possibly move up to the Legacy V speakers but have been fighting the urge as the Aeris fill my room more than adequately. Happy listening!

@steveindy How big is your room? Properly powered, the Aeris should be able to fill a large room. That said, even with a solid amp, I would want at least two subs to help it fill the bottom end and improve the imaging across the board.