How to pm a member

I’m so embarrassed to say I’ve been here 20 years and although I’ve responded to countless pms over the years I’ve never tried to pm someone myself.  Now I’m trying to do so and I have to ask — WHY CANT I EFFING FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT AND WHT IT IS IT SO OBSCURE???  Sorry.  

soix

@riley804 You told people the problem, what they can’t do. I gave them the solution. More than a few people I’ve PM’d with didn’t know what to do. That’s why I’m explaining it here. We make a good team!

@hilde45 

We make a good team!

:  )

i think the whole thing of this is ridiculous, regarding what words  you cant use when sending a pm to someone and i have gone around and around with tammy on this.             the reason is they are trying to stop off line transactions from happening, which i get.....but just as you mentioned, how hard is it to simply space out the email address and the person on the other end can figure it out ?  but they still dont get it.

what is really frustrating is when you pm a member and they say they are looking for a particular something and you know where they can find it, but then  you cant send them the link because the system [ filters ] it.           

even just general chat via pm is a challenge as its so easy to use those words and of course they are filtered and when the other person gets the emai , all they see is [ filter] , [ filter]     .  

@riley804 

i think the whole thing of this is ridiculous, regarding what words  you cant use when sending a pm to someone

I totally agree, 1000% 

The notion that a site would block a member from simply telling another member their email or phone number is really beyond the pale. It's a metric of how incompetent this system is.