Subwoofer RCA Cable

Is a subwoofer RCA cable any different than a regular RCA cable of good quality?

koestner

As usual in audio, @koestner , you have received conflicting replies and will have to rely upon your own good judgement about what to do. It’s probably clear, I don’t think much of the magic by which expensive cables work. I call it "magic" because although physics can send people to the moon and get them back, it can’t explain the (sighted) differences that people hear with cables, pucks, crystals and such things. Some feel that psychology and statistics provide an explanation.

Not that cables can’t sound slightly different from one another. However, the difference usually is dwarfed by moving the speakers or listener a few inches. Some use cables as tone controls. A person might prefer an equalizer, which would allow one to change the tone control to suit various recordings.

For cables, I use what many pros use: Mogami, Belden, or Canare wire with good-quality Amphenol or Neutrik connectors. They are not the only choices for well engineered, neutral products, just a few reliable ones.

Whatever you decide, I hope it sounds great to your ears!

How fast does something that plays at <= 80Hz need to be?
The cheapest red and white RCAs would be as good as anything except for the cheap XLRs. 

OK, so I'm using an old Audioquest Hyperlitz cable of 1.5M. It's working fine, and I will not pursue a sub cable. Thanks for all the replys.