Rogue pharaoh II or Cronus Magnum III ?

Hi,  I have heard the Pharaoh but never the Magnum III.

I liked but I read very good reviews of the Magnum III.

I have JBL L100 Classic 90db. Any recomendation ?  I am looking for an integrated to reduce my system

matias1979

The top picture is the new Pharaoh 2. These are different sounding amps and the major differences include a new amplifier circuit designed around the Hypex N-core amplifier modules increases both power and performance. The preamplifier includes numerous upgrades as well as an improved phono section and an all new hybrid headphone amplifier.

@matias1979 

Much experience with the Pharaoh I, just heard the II at AXPONA this past April. 

The sound signature seemed mainly the same.  Bass heavy, lack of transparency, relatively unrefined midrange and treble.  I thought it was the worst sounding room at AXPONA as mentioned live on another forum.  

Of course speakers matter but so does the amplifier.  

The Cronus Magnum III can sound highly transparent, dynamic and with a high end refinement that never fatigues.  A little judicious swapping of the small signal tubes with NOS and it becomes even better.  

@avanti1960  Thank you, This helps me. I see the brand is good in "tube amps". I still say that I really liked what I heard with the Wharfedale Linton + Pharaoh 1..

From Rogue (Pharaoh 1 vs 2) : 

Hi Matias,

The Pharaoh II is based on the new Hypex NCore modules which offer higher performance, and we also use a more powerful module. The Pharaoh 2 is rated at 250 wpc into 8 ohms and over 400wpc into 4 ohms, so it will give you more dynamics than the V1. The V2 will also have a higher level of transparency and better detail than the V1.

I still own and appreciate their Apollo Dark monoblocks. Haven’t heard the hybrids, but heard good things about the sound. That said - I have no interest in their hybrids. Their "killer app" is full tube power amps, made in USA, with a really great value per Watt and great sound quality. Rogue customer service is superlative.

Their tube amps don’t have all the sweetness of "traditional" tubes, but offer amazing dynamics & bass, and huge scale at each price point - with a touch of the tube sweetness and a large soundstage. They also respond well to tube rolling.

Their class D hybrids will always be behind the curve on the latest modules (Eigentakt is newer than nCore). And if I’m going to have one tube type in a hybrid component, I don’t want tit to be 12AU7. Go for the Cronus.