Phono Stage Amp

I have a mid-level to low end turntable. (Music Hall 11.1) and a low end decent Phono Stage Music Fidelity M1. Good tonearm and good cartridge. 

I listen to JAZZ so volume isn't too much of an issue, but sometimes I just want it loud. I have Cary Audio slp-05 tube pre and the Cary Audio mono block main tube amps as drivers

I crank the volume up just past half way and there tends to be distortion. Below half way the sound is incredible. The records sound better than the corresponding CD or, of course, DAC streaming.

Would upgrading my phono-stage to one with greater boost help me? Or is that half (my whole phono system) of my system as good as it could get?  

128x128cinqcepages
Post removed 

imhifiman: no spare but I think I want a better one. MC with better specs. Start shopping.

If your phono stage comes with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA output, use the RCA connect to your Cary slp-05 might provide a better result.

the Cary SLP 05 offers respectable measured performance from its unbalanced jacks. I was a little disappointed with its behavior in balanced mode, however.—John Atkinson

https://www.stereophile.com/content/cary-audio-design-slp-05-preamplifier-measurements

If your phono stage comes with balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA output, use the RCA connect to your Cary slp-05 might provide a better result.

I will. I always default to XLR but yes, I will.