Softest, smoothest sounding capacitors you've tried?

Since I'm going for a very vintage sound (my preference), what caps have you tried (speakers or coupling) that struck you as super soft and/or smooth sounding (which would include the effect of being very low distortion). Resolution's irrelevant here. I need large values (2.2uF and 3.3uF), so Russian jobbies are out (already tried them years ago -- they were "OK")

greg7

I have been Duelunds for a while especially their newTinned Copper Foil 

he best capacitors,  but they are Big,

just Jupiter Copper  foil are possibly a bit smoother but not as much detail .

Of course, nothing is cast in stone, but in general, you are describing paper & oil caps

Man what a loaded question! Power supply filter mundorf mundorf with PI CRC. Afe and vas really like kemet mkp wherever they fit. Vishay 18xx series mkp as well. Listening to my hafler 9500 with 100uf audio note /.1 uf mundorf mkp right before the output fets and man that combo is pretty special after about 40 hrs at high current... I know Solens don't get many accolades., but the mkps in my Dunlavy SM-1 x-overs I would never think to change. Flat neutral and oh so honest, so to answer the op, try Solen mkp. They may very well fit the bill.