Which would you choose for good sounding tube preamp for an audiophile new to tubes.

I need your help guys. I would like to add a tube preamp to pair with my reference 200.2 B&K amplifier. My speakers are large ADS L1590 towers ( 90 DB efficiency rating). They were a flagship back in the day. I have had them restored by an ads tech. I am l looking at  a QUICKSILVER LINESTAGE LS PREAMPLIFIER, VTL 5.5 preamplifier, and a Sonic Frontiers SFL-1. All are currently used and on audiomart or audiogon. The Sonic Frontiers is for sale on hi-fi heaven. I purchased from them before and they check out the equipment that is preowned. My system is a little bright and dynamic sounding using the sonata B&K preamp. (There best at the time). I am looking for a little warmth in the sound and no harshness. I want some slam and afraid I will lose it if I go with tubes.  I have had success buying certain units because of the knowledge dispensed through this forum I am a member of Audiogon in good standing. Any help would be great. I appreciate the feedback. 

128x128arichison

VTA SP14. http://www.tubes4hifi.com/SP14.htm

Very musical without being tubey and, in kit form, a bargain even with all the available upgrades!

I 2nd crustycoot's recommendation of the AVA FET Valve CF all tube preamp.  I've had nothing but tube preamps in my system for the last 30 years including a Conrad Johnson PV11, Audible Illusions Modulus 3 and later the 3A, Convergent Audio Technology SL-1 Ultimate, McIntosh C2600 (still own), and AVA FET Valve CF.  The AVA preamp is excellent, just replace the stock tubes with NOS Mullard CV4003 and CV4024 tubes.  Excellent tonality, timbre, soundstaging and imaging.  Also very reliable, I've had no issues in the 5 years that I've owned it.  It's a very quiet tube preamp.  No noise when the music isn't playing out of very sensitive Klipsch Cornwall IVs.

Don Sachs. I recently had it serviced, in the intervening weeks I substituted a Carver and Audio Research. No comparison. Also, great service and pride of workmanship.