Pass XP12. Tame, Anemic?

Hi,
just got a Pass xp 12 pre and it seems very “tame” “un-dynamic” it’s very nice and transparent but rather bland and doesn’t seem “alive” kind of “sleepy@.  I also expected more and tighter bass than my 6h30 tube pre.  I have on a trial and awaiting a LTA mz3 next week to compare.  Anybody experience this? Is the xp22 noticeably more dynamic? I’m pariing with Pass xa25 and Klipsh Cornwalls.  I never would have thought I had to worry about the Cornwalls sounding too tame. 
Thanks for any perspective 
caglioti
You need to tame those klipsch with a tube pre. Forget the pass pre. Conrad Johnson would be sweet. 
I'd second those who've said it takes a few days to warm up. After that it sounds more musical. 

I find it transparent, lucid and dynamic, resolving low-level detail effectively whilst separating different strands in louder parts. It's low-noise, quite neutral, and musical. 

If your system doesn't lean in that direction, or that isn't your preference, you might miss its strengths.

Weakness is that it lacks a little power. 

You don't mention your front-end; as you upgraded from another preamp presumably the XP-12 is an improvement in other respects? It could be more revealing of the sources; it could be that one of the Pass Labs preamps with a bigger PS will help. 

Only one way to find out - can your dealer offer a demo, or a loan?

@caglioti  How did your XP12 end up for you?  I know, very old discussion.  I'm curious though. 

Someone mentioned that it could be the Blue Jeans cables, and although I never used Blue Jeans ICs, the Blue Jeans speaker cables I still have in storage will put up a massive veil and muddy up everything, pretty much destroying image definition and adding a feeling of drag. So, I'm wondering if the ICs were the issue, or if you found the XP12 sound change over the course of the first week or two?  Thanks

@gladmo I sent the xp12 back and replace with Aric Audio Motherload. At the same time I tried a LTA mz3.  The Aric and LTA were similar sounding, the Pass just seemed to take away dynamics. Maybe those of us with extremely dynamically capable speakers see the difference more, I’m not sure. The Pass was transparent and quiet, but just seemed to polite and restrained. I’ve heard this sentiment repeated from several horn speaker people.  The designer , I can’t remember his name, has stated the Xp 22 is more dynamic than the xp12.   Steve  Gutenberg  has a Xp 30 with his Cornwall 4’s, and he’s hinted in some comparison videos that other preamps can be livelier sounding.

I’m not a cable denier, and have experimented with cables, but I can’t imagine cables making enough difference to change my experience enough.

Ted