My thoughts on the HiFi Rose 150B

Well, after the honeymoon wore off I ended sending the HiFiRose 150 back. It boiled down to how I’d use it and it just wasn’t 3k better than my Auralic Aries G1. The Rose is a great piece with tons of features and it sounded great. The video features (RoseTube, Tidal music videos) is certainly cool along with the display and all the other things it can do but streaming Qobuz and Tidal it did one thing noticeably better and that was MQA which I figured it would. My Anthem isn’t MQA certified so using my Auralic USB into it doesn’t give me the full MQA experience but listening to Tidal SD and Qobuz HD/SD it was pretty close. I could have added a TV to my music room to fully enjoy what the Rose does but I have a great movie/video system so it’s not something I was ultimately willing to do. So in the end, I don’t have anything bad to say about the 150, it’s built really well, sounds great and has tons of features but it doesn’t fit my needs.

128x128sunshdw

So @in_shore, you like the HiFi Rose as a streamer better or just as much as the Innuos from a SQ perspective? I prefer to use an outboard DAC as well but really would love the display and am looking to upgrade my streamer from the Node 2i w/ upgraded power supply. 

A youtube video reviewer in the US stated that the 150b has a glitch with the clock, it will not stay in his time zone. A software glitch he thinks Rose will correct. Anybody have experience with that problem, a minor one.

I have yet to see somebody compare the HFR to a Lumin T2 audio-wise. With touch screens, video, etc...I wonder if audio is compromised to keep the unit at a certain price point. Myself, all the bells and whistles are not needed.

@aberyclark 

I had the Lumin U1 and sound wise it really wasn't my cup of tee. Also the Lumin App is one of the worst I've used. I sent it back within 2 weeks and bought the Auralic. So to compare vs the Rose I would take the Rose all day sound wise.

Thank you @sunshdw for pointing me to this thread.. The RS150B, I have it switch as a source between the Integrated Luxman 5945ASE and the separates (Luxman C900U/Luxman M10X). I found it's sound quality stunning compared to the Lumin D2. I had it for a few days of demo, and I couldn't wait to trade in the Lumin and get the Rose. I am still exploring the features.. I love the different Filter options.. The more I use it's features, the more I am getting use to where I think I will come to expect that in any DACs out there.. I found the HDMI into the 77" Sony OLED pretty impressive. Although with music I like to listen and not watch something. But then again watching symphonies and hearing same time is quite an experience.. I felt the bass is deeper and cleaner with the RS150B, the only other comparison I had was the Gold Note DS10, which I was unimpressed. And that went back..