Kronos Sparta or TechDas Air Force III?

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy one of them. They are both used but with one year warranty. Soon I will have the chance to listen to the Kronos, but it is difficult to listen to second and this is why I need your opinion and experience.

Thanks

renatocomes

Dear @renatocomes  : Both turntables are very good looking aND OBVIOUSLY WILL MAKES THAT YOUR AUDIO FRIENDS EXCLAIM: WOW !

The issue is if that same of Wow is similar on its quality level performance.

By definition a TT should has not a " color/signature by it self, a TT must be just neutral with out adding nothing other that its main target that's seep stability in the short time.

This is what the Air Force designer post/says in his site:

"  Furthermore, as gunmetal is relatively a soft and tensile metal, you will notice that a subtle glow is added to the sound. ""

Obviously that that unit is really far away to be free of listen colorations and the Kronos it's not better not even in sspeed staBILITY THAT MUST BE YOUR FIRST PRIORITY TO CHOOSE ANY tt OF THE LEVEL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

In your other thread you received very good options to as the DD NVS unit that's closer to an " ideal TT ".

As important as is the TT the cartridges/tonearms combination perhaps are more critical an important and these cartridge/tonearm combination really can makes a differences for the better in any audio system where a TT is not closer to that characteristic. Curious that in both TT sites do not exist the speed stability measures.

Of course that seems as you can get good price for either unit but price as important I think is more important that this TT you want to buy probably be your last TT , think a little about.

Now, if you are " sticked " to either unit then buy either of them because our opinions are only that opinions an even the owners of those TTs their room/systems arwe different from yours.

Btw, the vacuum hold down LP you always can add to any TT as after market new devices/item.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

@rauliruegas   Uhmm, I tried to add vacuum hold down on my Linn LP12...was not a pretty site, nor a pretty sound, ;0)

The hold down on the Tech Das AF impacts the playback significantly - that's been my experience comparing the AF VP with an AF Technics SP10 Mk2 (no clamp) and Kuzma Stabi R w clamp. For that reason, if I were spending that kind of dough, I'd definitely chose the TechDas AF over the Kronos. It's the most sought-after technologies for modern turntables - Dohmann is trying to add hold down to their next update so that says a lot.  I will add that TechDas customer service isn't that great - so if that's important to you - keep that in mind.  Either way, you can't go wrong.  Good luck - it's fun shopping for turntables (and almost everything else audio related - amps, speakers, carts etc).

IMO, if you have to ask that question of a forum, you shouldn't be wasting your money on either.