Amp's that are better sounding than a nad 3020

Hi, I'm sourcing for an integrated amp that doesn't needs to have much power, the budget is 300$ what do I choose?

orcodisco

As like @ozzy62 said:

I doubt you are going to find anything that sounds better than the NAD for 300.00. Save your pennies, then move up...

Unless there is a problem you’re trying to address, then what is the point of “moving up”?

I would think a sub woofer, or a source, or some room treatment or a slab of beer would likely bring more joy… than moving from a good $300 amp you own, to another good $300 amp you need to find.

What it is not doing that you more of?

These are always hard decision, but knowing the goals and requirements is always time well spent to get clearly into the thought process. (IMO)

Buy used! E-bay and Craigslist can offer a lot of bargains in that price range.  

Unless your amp is out of spec or you need more watts, I think you have the best that $300 can offer.

@seanheis1 agree.

Unless your amp is out of spec or you need more watts, I think you have the best that $300 can offer

It is even better than that as the $300 amp is already extant at his home, and is paid for. So it is $0, and no shipping.

Workmate’s son… ~19 or 20, is mad into stereos.

He was bitching that his 20-30 year old secondhand integrated amp died.
I told him get a used NAD 3020. They we great in the mid to late 80s and if it works, it is a total workhorse.

@holmz 

for sure. also adjusted for inflation, $135 in 1978 is equal to $606 in 2022. 

The Rega IO is probably the equivalent modern amp, which is $725