cheapest cable upgrade ever

I have recently been playing with a very cheap upgrade of signal carrying cables: Attach one or two 1.5V AAA batteries with the ‘-‘ pole in the direction of the signal’s source. Simple strapping on with electrical tape) suffices, no need to connect anything. The benefits are very audible. The weak electric field conditions the outer layer of the conductor to improve electron flow, resulting in a strong increase in transparency and dimensionality. This works particularly well on the digital cable going into the router and streamer as well as the speaker cables (on the latter ‘+’ alligns with plus and ‘-‘ with minus, i.e. two batteries per single post speaker.

At a minimum it is a low cost bit of fun

antigrunge2

When you say you added multiple batteries, were they connected so they produced a higher voltage; for example, 8 x 1.5v = 12v.

I just tried 16 AAA’s total on my speaker bi wire pairs... 8 per side...have to report that that many batteries closed in the sound way to much...Back to 8 total and it sounds like I posted earlier. More does not necessarily mean better.

The original suggestion was to attach one or two 1.5V AAA batteries with the ‘-‘ pole in the direction of the signal’s source.

Is anyone aligning them differently?

Trying to wrap my head around this.

For speaker wire, the red, +positive side from amp to the speaker would have the positive end toward the speaker and -neg toward the amp..

For the negative side terminal (same speaker) wire, is the + pos side oriented toward the speaker as well or is the - neg side toward the speaker and the +pos toward the amp? Can you post a speaker wire picture?

I like cheap.