Should I add a DDC? Looking for experienced advise please.

So I will make this as basic as possible. I am just trying to decide if adding a DDC is relevant in my system. 

I am currently running. Innuos ZEN mini MKiii with Innuos power supply, Denafrips Pontus II into an Aric Audio 6snl7 line stage that's been upgraded by Aric. For power I am bi-amping with a Aric Audio super KT88 120 SE on the upper end. A pair of  Pass labs ACA's built with all upgraded components and some mods on the low end. Into Monitor audio silver 500's. All cabling DIYed with hi quality ingredients and the guidance of Mr. Wonka!

I understand my speakers are probably not the best choice but this is where I am at the at this point. Actually I am quite happy with the sound. I stream Tidal and Qobuz as well as my CD collection via hard drive.

So am I just "pissing in the wind" thinking adding a Denafrips Hermes between the ZEN mini and Pontus II is going to give me any improvement at all?

Would love to hear some input from experience!

Thank you.

J.F.

johnfritter

I slipped an Iris between a Statement and Terminator Plus and even though the USB on the Statement is highly touted, converting to I2S was better even without using the clock out from the TP.

Quality HDMI cable will make a difference.

@johnfritter Have you read any of this guy’s writings on streaming? I use his optical streaming products with a media converter in front of the streamer. There is some explanation as to why this is the recommended way with optical.

John Swenson’s Tech Corner – UpTone Audio

@yyzsantabarbara WOW! Is this the guy that writes Kamala's que cards? That's what I would call a de constructed word salad there! 

@johnfritter He is the guy that created the EtherRegen and also the OpticalRendu I use both with a cheap computer as my ROON Core server.

He has a white paper or a very long post somewhere that gave me a reason to setup my streaming this way. Amazing gear and I liked it so much that I have 3 OpticalRendu's. I use 2 media converters and 1 EtherRegen along with the 3 opticalRendu's  for my 3 DACs.

I posted a link to the whitepaper on some A’gon posts. Search the guy’s name and look for my post.