My Sonic Labs cartridges

Who has heard/used one? Which model? Can you describe their sonic signature compared to other cartridges.

rsf507

I just found out that the MSL is at least 4 weeks away. I love it when the story keeps changing.

I heard a signature platinum on a Dohmann Helix 2 at Ana Mighty Sound in Paris, they even made a video of it playing a track from my copy of Roy Harper’s Stormcock. I heard quite a few combinations that day including a Koetsu Azure on a Schröder 2, various phasemations and another MSL (eminent gold I think) on CSPort and a PTP Lenco and I forget what else. The MSL on the Dohmann was the standout.

There is a metallic colouration in their demo room which I thought was the Thrax speakers and it was at its least intrusive with the Dohmann. I’ve since heard Stenheim speakers in the same room with Thrax and Dartzeel amps and it’s still there so now I think it’s something in the room. I doubt they can hear it themselves, you get used to things after a while and tune them out. I came very close to buying a MSL on the spot, despite the room’s colouration, but as I was there to get a Transfiguration retipped managed to hold back.

@yeti42 

I'm glad you posted this -

There is a metallic colouration in their demo room which I thought was the Thrax speakers and it was at its least intrusive with the Dohmann. I’ve since heard Stenheim speakers in the same room with Thrax and Dartzeel amps and it’s still there so now I think it’s something in the room. I doubt they can hear it themselves, 

I have listened to all their videos posted on u tube and they all sound bright, tinny, no flesh and bones - horrible - no matter what turntable/arm/cartridge.  I couldn't figure out is this the sound they like ?

Quite honestly it puts me off dealing with them.

French orchestras tend to have a lighter balance than other Euro or US orchestras - seems to be a preference. Don't know if this is part of the equation.

Post removed