Nordost Cable Listed in Order of Importance

Nordost, one of the world leading cable makers, has a very peculiar (at least to me) take on which cable is most important in an audio system.  See below.  I tend to spend the most money on my speaker cable which to Nordost is the least important.  Power cables seem to take the lion’s share in their model.  They did say that it’s not written in stone in the note, but to me it has always been the speaker cable. Although in my current system, the power cord from the wall to the Synergistic conditioner is the most expensive but not by choice, that’s how Synergistic configures them.  Where do you stand?

CABLES LISTED IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE (NORDOST)

1. Primary Power Cord (From wall to conditioner such as QBASE Mark II AC Distribution).

2. Secondary Power Cords (From conditioner to components).

3. Interconnects.

4. Speaker Cables.

(Note: Every system is unique. There is always a chance you may benefit from deviating from this guide.)

spenav

I would say the connectors  are before  the powercord. I find the plug both the iec or the male plug make more difference than the powercord it self. 

The way I approach it is, It’s relative to what currently is the weakest link in your cable game. For me, the biggest improvement was speaker cables.

Well, I'm certainly not Nordost, but in my experience:

Interconnects

Power Cables

Speaker Cables

In other words, they're all important. :)

I agree with the least important, speaker cable. I get the best bang from interconnects, them power cords, then digital. I also use nordost for my main connection, the 1 priority interconnects from pre to amp. 

I think it would largely depend on the quality of power in your listening room. In my case, where I have a dedicated power line in a separate building from the main house, upgrading power cords made no significant improvements. So for my specific situation it was 1) interconnects, 2) speaker wires. Maybe speaker wires was equally important, but they took so long to turn-in, that by then, you are not sure what improvement did what since I have had a multitude of them in my setup for the last couple of years. The important thing is that it works, not always certain why.