Nordost Cable Listed in Order of Importance

Nordost, one of the world leading cable makers, has a very peculiar (at least to me) take on which cable is most important in an audio system.  See below.  I tend to spend the most money on my speaker cable which to Nordost is the least important.  Power cables seem to take the lion’s share in their model.  They did say that it’s not written in stone in the note, but to me it has always been the speaker cable. Although in my current system, the power cord from the wall to the Synergistic conditioner is the most expensive but not by choice, that’s how Synergistic configures them.  Where do you stand?

CABLES LISTED IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE (NORDOST)

1. Primary Power Cord (From wall to conditioner such as QBASE Mark II AC Distribution).

2. Secondary Power Cords (From conditioner to components).

3. Interconnects.

4. Speaker Cables.

(Note: Every system is unique. There is always a chance you may benefit from deviating from this guide.)

spenav

My list:

#1. All power cords. No matter where located.

#2. Digital cables

#3. Umbilical cords between the LPS & the component.

#4. Interconnects.

#5. Speaker cables.

Ultimately, they’re all important. Everything matters in a high resolution system.

@tablejockey 

+1

OP,  

Interesting. Thanks. My experience has been speaker cable, amp power cord, interconnects… othe power cords. but I do not have nearly the experience of Nordost.  

I agree that each power cord in an audio system has a major impact, with greater potential than other types of cable. However, I do not use my "best" power cord on the wall to conditioner. I have exotic ultra high end power cables (MSRP far beyond any offerings from Nordost, including Odin Gold) that utilize finely tuned and treated crystals which have the strongest filtering effect when connected directly to components. Far be it from me, however, to question the Nordost pedigree, whose supreme reference products, as far as I am aware, do not make use of crystals or minerals beyond fundamental metallurgy, a company possessing legendary status for its groundbreaking products. As such, I use a Nordost Odin power cable between my High Fidelity Cables power distributor and the wall with extraordinary results. Thus I conclude the hierarchy proposed by Nordost is reflective of the design goals of that Company rather than a Universal Rule.

@jehab 

They were very wise to note that every system is unique and that their priority is not universal but one must admit, coming from them, a storied company, makes one think twice before dismissing their recommendation.  But for me I have always given my speaker cables the highest priority.