Pass XA 25 and Goldenear Triton Reference

I'm considering buying this Pass amp to drive my GE TREFS.  The speakers are about 93db/1watt sensitivity.  Thoughts or feedback or experience with this 25 watt at 8 ohm class A amp and the GE's????  I primarily listen to classic rock.  Using my db meter I rarely listen above 95 db...

128x128fastninja12

pass xa25 is very powerful, belies its very modest nominal rating

see ja’s measured output in stereophile’s review... but maybe still not quite enough for those speakers, dunno... depends on room how loud you listen etc as you would imagine

You will never get the full potential of the Triton Reference speakers with less than 100wpc.  I use a 300wpc amp with my T Refs and the sound is effortless and extremely dynamic.

I think you want warm to syrupy.  Modern AR integrated or Parasound  IMHO with any GE speakers, Ayre also a good possible match.

@erik_squires,

nope, I had warm and syrupy with a Conrad Johnson MF2550 driving my T Refs. Hated the sound as my prior Odyssey Stratos did a great job with it. Try again Mr Squires. 

I'm using the Pass XA 25 with Ascend Acoustics Towers, 8 ohm, 93 db in room, 90db anechoic with a graph showing a fairly consistent above-5ohm impedance. The Pass does a great job with these speakers and can be cranked way up without distorting. It is *plenty* of power and has a very delicate touch. It sounds lovely.