Stack Link II - Owners' Experiences, thoughts etc

Hi

I'm considering the Stack Link II & Volt LPS as a replacement for my modded Bluesound Node (N130/2021 model).

The Stack Link II has had some nice reviews, HiFi Pig, Darko, but would like to hear any thoughts from regular owners, past or present, before pulling the trigger in the next month or so.

The Stack would feed my NJC Reference DAC, into my Naim Nait XS2, and used purely as a Roon Endpoint.

What instigated me to start looking is the USB output of the Node implementation and its Roon integration. It's a known issue that using the USB output from Node as a Roon endpoint produces pops and clicks. Bluesound are aware, this aspect is still in Beta, and state it will be fixed in a future update. But I digress, this is another conversation 😊.

My DAC has one Coax SPDIF input and one USB B input; the Coax input is taken up by my CDT, so in order to listen to CDs I have to swap the Coax SPDIF over every time.

Hence my search for an alternative, as I'm bored of swapping over the Coax (I know, first world problem 😏)

In light of this, the Stack Link II caught my eye.I would be really appreciative of any owner's thoughts on the unit; SQ, Roon implementation, any issues around any aspect of the unit.

Thanks for reading 👍

128x128painter24

I’ve been using it for a couple of months now and it’s truly a remarkable streamer. I have it feed by a Roon Nucleus+ ( as the core in my network), connected via WyWire Platinum USB to a Matrix SPDIF/2 and from there a Revelation Audio i2s cable to PS Audio DirectStream Sr.

I had the Roon connected directly to the Matrix before and adding the Link II/Volt has added space and depth that I simply didn’t have before

Post removed