COMPARE SPEAKERS: B&W 803D4 OR 802D4 TO ML RENAISSANCE ESL 15A

IT HAS BEEN TWO DECADES SINCE I OWNED ML SEQUELS AND PRODIGYS.  I AM CONSIDERING EITHER OF THESE SPEAKERS. 

1.PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR OPINION ON EITHER SPEAKER;

2. PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON COMPATIBLE EQUIPMENT FOR EACH SPEAKER, KEEPING IN MIND I WOULD LIKE TO STREAM MUSIC.

I KNOW THIS IS VERY BROUD REQUEST, BUT MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE THE 80'S AND 90'S AND EARLY 2000.

THANK YOU,

BOB 

128x128farne230

First, please don't use caps lock, it's considered yelling and harder to read than mixed case.

The B&W's seem to like a lot of power. I have older 802D's and am running them with a class AB amp rated at 250WPC for 8 ohms & 500WPC for 4 ohms. I haven't heard the D4's but suspect they like the older D's will be very transparent, so quality components are a must.  

I have the ESL 15's smaller siblings, the ESL 11. I'm pretty sure there are huge similarities in sound, with ESL 15 providing more of everything. At least this is how ESL 11 and ESL 13 compare in my experience.

ESL 11 are extremely sensitive to their physical environment as well as to the voicing and quality of the partnering equipment, cables included. They can sound downright bad when these factors are not properly addressed. I don't know if this is true for the older Logans too, but it's definitely true for the current Masterpiece series. In my room and according to my tastes, they have good synergy to Accuphase gear and this is what I am using at the moment. But it's also a matter of taste, my system is particularly good for classical music for example and I prefer a somewhat warmish sound.

Sorry for the caps, appreciate everyones response. I hope more people chime in. Keep in mind I am beginning this quest with out equipment ($$$), and much has changed with many improvements and options. Two decades have passed since I built a nice two channel system.   

I ask if anyone has auditioned the the B&W 800 d4 series or ML Renaissance ESL 15A speakers, please provide your thoughts.

Thx