What to look for in USB soundcard/DAC vs built in DAC in the monitor?

What are to look for in getting USB DAC that could be better than standard monitor DAC?

So I have Lenovo T32p-20 and been using internal DAC thru USB-C, analog wire is connected to the back of the monitor.

I have Audioengine A2+ speakers.

In general if I plug the analog wire directly to my Mac, the sound is a lot better, deeper and richer base etc - compared to if I were to use the monitor's DAC.

Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1 Portable HD Gaming USB DAC is on sale and I figured, surely this would be better than my monitor's DAC.

To my surprise, both the monitor and Creative USB sound almost the same (not perceivable to the ears). My wife also was listening when I did the test, she too felt the same.

Creative has 24bit/96KHz
Lenovo monitor has 24bit/192kHz (according to Midi setting app on Mac)

Is the monitor DAC is as good as it could be? While I know nothing beats the analog, but sounds quite far different.

endros

If you like the analog output of the Mac, then just continue using it.

Have you tried to connect the A2+ to the Mac using USB?

What are to look for in getting USB DAC that could be better than standard monitor DAC?

So I have Lenovo T32p-20 and been using internal DAC thru USB-C, analog wire is connected to the back of the monitor.

I have Audioengine A2+ speakers.

In general if I plug the analog wire directly to my Mac, the sound is a lot better, deeper and richer base etc - compared to if I were to use the monitor's DAC.

Creative Sound BlasterX G1 7.1 Portable HD Gaming USB DAC is on sale and I figured, surely this would be better than my monitor's DAC.

To my surprise, both the monitor and Creative USB sound almost the same (not perceivable to the ears). My wife also was listening when I did the test, she too felt the same.

Creative has 24bit/96KHz  omegle 
Lenovo monitor has 24bit/192kHz (according to Midi setting app on Mac)

Is the monitor DAC is as good as it could be? While I know nothing beats the analog, but sounds quite far different.

issue got solved!