Should Audiogon forum dealers be held to a different standard?

Usually, people take a measured approach in trusting salespersons because of conflict of interest - commission vs serving customer’s interests. It’s great when you find one you can trust on your behalf.

However, I noticed that sometimes when an audio dealer posts, they’re met with seemingly automatic skepticism beyond the usual - like they are automatically dishonest about helping audiophiles, they just want the sale. I do like them informing us they’re dealers in their posts which allow us to scrutinize their claims more closely.

Should Audiogon forum dealers be held to a different standard than other members?

FWIW, when I first got interested in high-end audio, I had a very bad experience at an audio store trying to push a sale of an inferior sounding system. So for years I avoided dealer opinions for lack of trust and did all my own research. Luckily, lately I found a knowledgeable audio dealer with whom I can trust - his knowledge was invaluable in my purchasing decisions.

kennyc

Never trust a human who is trying to sell you something including audiogram Sellers. As a rule humans are way to ...slippery.  I have known some great dealers over the years. Experience is always the best teacher. He

Dealers should have two log-ins. One in the dealer's name and one in their own name. Separation of the business vs the person. 

Post removed 

I can only think of one dealer who should have his cowbell confiscated.

The others are great, IMO.

DeKay

There's enough unwanted advertising around that I think a discussion forum should be "shill free." No problem with a comment here and there, but, for example, running a link to a review and then saying hey, you can buy this thing at MY STORE is over the line and just lame.