A Beginner's Guide to Audiophile

Hello I like quality sound My problem is that I relatively start with all the concepts related to sound in headphones so I would be happy if you could refer me to a website or guide that explains in detail all the important concepts in sound for example:
1. What is meant by warm / neutral / bass / bright sound and the like ...
2. What is meant by low / middle / high channels ...
3. What is the difference between the different types of parameters by which you choose headphones such as driver type / material / etc ...
I would love a guide that includes audio files that I can listen to the differences between the sounds ...
Thank you.

תשובההעברה

katzkov

@soix and @edcyn

+1

The real learning that is required in high end audio is to be exposed to the terminology then examples of real sound, and in reproduced equipment. Over and over again.

I have been learning about sound and music / reproduction for fifty years… I continue to learn. I only got rhythm and pace down about ten years ago, although reading and listening all that time. Ok, maybe I am slow… but it is a process of reading and exposure.

Do you want Bluetooth capability?  How much do you want to spend? Two important questions that need answered before suggestions.

A beginner's guide to audiophile?  Get into your time machine and go back to 1957 and start listening to music on early stereo equipment.  Find what you like and gradually improve the quality as technology improves.  

You may like to have a look here. Site explains about low, mid, high and the optimal frequency curves for headphones and has lots of headphones tests.

Understanding such concepts can be useful, especially for those of us without a high end shop nearby to try equipment. Many of us must rely on reviews and recommendations to chart a path forward. Understanding the rationale others use to describe what they’re hearing seems fundamental.