Audio Aero Capitole Reference SE

Anyone compared the Capitole MK-2 to the new Capitole Reference SE?. I was told that it is night and day difference.
Thanks in advance.
flashunlock
I have had at home 4 out of 5 AA Capitole players (and owned 2 of them):

Capitole mk II
Capitole mk II SE
Capitole Reference (which really should be called mk III)
Capitole Reference Signature.

"SE" on the old model and "Signature" on the new model is the same modification. Only name is different. It consists of cap upgrade (SE/Sig models use ultra expensive teflon V-Cap capacitors vs Hovlands found in the cheaper models), cryo-treated tubes and some damping pads under the caps.

IMO, regular Capitole mk II vs regular Reference is a close race. Same goes to Capitole mk II SE vs Capitole Reference Signature.

Now, regular vs SE/Signature, is a different story. No mater if you compare the regular Capitole mk II to Capitole mk II SE or Capitole mk II to Capitole Reference Signature, there certainly IS a very substantial difference.

Having said that, IMO Audio Research Reference CD-7 CDP is much better player than all Capitole players, and is now cheaper as well.

I went from Capitole mk II to Capitole mk II SE, then MBL1531. Now I have CD-7 and could not be happier.
Elberoth I'm told (same dealership)that the Capitol sounds better through the balanced outputs using RCA cables and adaptors rather than straight out of the single ended outputs. Any comments?
Elberoth2, Can you tell us some of the sonic differences between these cd players and why you think one is better than the other?? Thank you
Sorry to wander off course, but DCCA’s question reminded me how much of an improvement in the Capitol you can also obtain from a good PC. I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but I recently switched to the DCCA Reference One on my Capitol and it was a very nice improvement indeed.
I have never tried the RCA or XLR/RCA outs. I always stayed balanced, becouse of the system/cables I have had at the time.

As I said before - the only meaningful difference is between regular and SE/Signature models. The sound much more transparent, have much better microdynamics and improved resolution. Soundstage depth and portrayal of space is also improved. Regular ones sound a bit slow and veiled in comparision.