80 years old - Paul McCartney & Brian Wilson

Sir Paul M. Just turned 80 and Brian W. Will turn 80 tomorrow.   I guess it reflects us getting old too.   I just watched a special on Brian W. - American Masters.   Rubber Soul and Pet Sounds and obviously much more.   Been listening to a little of both this weekend.   Happy Fathers day by the way!!!

pdspecl

I wish Brian would hang it up. The last time I saw & heard him live I was left depressed for days. It was a pathetic spectacle.

As for McCartney: I’m curious who his current audience is. Nobody I know. But he still appears to be making quality music, even if I myself long ago lost interest.

Now Dylan, he’s even older, and doesn’t seem to be running out of steam; still making good albums, and the last time I saw him live he was fantastic. As for The Stones: the last time I saw them live, I lasted three songs. Terr-i-ble.

I also saw Phil Collins via you tube from a recent show.   He walks with a cane and has serious issues.  Can’t play drums anymore.  Voice is gone.   Sad actually but same ole story of an artist hanging on way longer than he/she should.

I hope I can still function as well as McCartney does when I am 80. Good for him! People can still be entertained by a live Beatle. Won’t last forever. Genesis with Collins in a wheelchair? God bless him but no thanks.

Try and catch the FX series, The Old Man, with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. It shows there's still life in us codgers. 

All the best,
Nonoise