Best turntable for the buck

I now amazingly find that my analog system has fallen behind my digital system in  SQ and I want to investigate how to improve it. 
Currently I have a heavily modified Rega RP3 turntable, with two power supplies, a new platter, sub-platter and other internal enhancements. My cartridge is the Clearaudio Virtuoso.
Not that it’s bad, but I want to look for  something that will significantly improve the sound of my current setup. 
Will about a 4K investment do that?

128x128rvpiano

"Will about a 4K investment do that?"

Absolutely it will. Get a Kuzma Stabi S.

I think my query has been answered here. 
it’s apparent that $4000 is not going to bring my analog side to the level that I’m hoping for.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Well done @rvpiano - most people just “hope their way” along.

I realize mine is a fringe/lunatic recommendation, but I would get a VPI HW-19 MK.3 or Aries (original), put on it a Zeta arm, and mount a London Super Gold w/Decapod on its headshell. That combo will bring your LP’s to LIFE!

The London puts out 5mV’s, so no extra gain needed---40dB is more than enough. (The Schitt Mani 2 has a setting specifically for Decca/London’s---35dB). In fact, lower gain can result in greater headroom in your phono amp.

As was mentioned earlier, it is much easier to build a decent digital system and for people who do not have large record collections optimizing the digital side is a much safer investment, then buy music. I love my record collection and have thousands of records dating back to the 60s. But, vinyl is a very deep rabbit hole and given that my generation is now retiring and has lots of money to blow the pricing is nearing ridiculous. There are obvious aspects in which vinyl can not dream of competing, signal to noise ratio and measured distortion are two. People without large collections would be better off sticking to digital. If you have an unstoppable urge to collect records, love turning Allen wrenches and have money to burn then by all means join the club. There are people who were born to collect records sort of like baseball cards:-)

A refurbished Sota Sapphire is definitely the way to go. I have one with a modified Sumiko FT-3 tonearm. Bought it from a friend who is one of the more distinguished members of the A'gon community!

This is the best tt I ever owned. Easily surpasses the SQ of a Well-Tempered tt I had. $4000 should get you a refurb Sapphire and decent tonearm. IMHO :-)