Best turntable for the buck

I now amazingly find that my analog system has fallen behind my digital system in  SQ and I want to investigate how to improve it. 
Currently I have a heavily modified Rega RP3 turntable, with two power supplies, a new platter, sub-platter and other internal enhancements. My cartridge is the Clearaudio Virtuoso.
Not that it’s bad, but I want to look for  something that will significantly improve the sound of my current setup. 
Will about a 4K investment do that?

128x128rvpiano

If you want to stay with the Rega philosophy consider the P8 with the Apheta cart.

It will be a significant upgrade to your P3. No need to bother with additional tweaky add ons, just unbox, hookup and play.

A separate phono stage would be another upgrade to look into after the table-tube will offer another level of presentation.

Who knows what perimeters make any tt SQ an attractive buy for you. 

George Merrill's Poly Table is a worthy consideration.

STST Motus DQ, a very musical DD turntable. Capable of the best tonearm and cartridge you can put on it. 

Caveat: bias implied as I am the NA agent for STST. So don't take my word for it ;) there are plenty of raves to be found online.

@solypsa There is not any information offered on how to receive a demonstration of the recommended TT that comes with a retail of approx' +$7000. 

How does a interested individual arrange to receive a demonstration of the TT being promoted as a choice to consider exchanging to ? 

As a further advisory, as the TT's distributor of the recommended TT, which Tonearm and Cartridge would be the suggested combination to be used as ancillaries.    

I understand that not wanting to seem overly biased, the directing an individual to a online rave for a product, is going to divert the individual to information that is in keeping with the bias that is on offer.  Where what is really happening is that the information being encouraged to be sought out, is only going to introduce the individual doing the search, to a commentary from a very limited number of individuals.

This type of reporting can be found on almost every device available, it is not really a method to enable a interested individual to assess a device for it capabilities, especially in comparison to other options to be found at a similar price point.

The best way to show a TT's Capabilities to any individual, is always through demonstration, and even better if carried out in a purpose produced environment. From my end it seems quite askew, when a Dealer of a product is not encouraging a experience of a device through demonstration.  

@pindac thanks for your comments. If I am not mistaken you are located in Europe? If your inquiry was serious ( versus making some obvious point about bias ) I would start by contacting Ana Mighty Sound in Paris. There you may hear the Motus and many other turntables.

If however your point was to say that I should not have mentioned it at all, I will take your opinion under advisement.