I have new speakers on the way. What to listen to first?

I sold my Focal Aria 936 speakers about a month ago and I am now impatiently waiting for my Tyler Acoustics Highland H3.5s to arrive. The drivers should be broken in because these have been traded in by one of Ty’s customers for a pair of H3s. Ty is going through them to make sure they are in factory new condition. The H3.5s have the Scan-Speak D3004/664000 Beryllium tweeters and they can play down to 28Hz as opposed to the 39Hz my Arias were capable of. I have already purchased Gaia II isolators to place under them. I’m excited!

Now, what to play first. Should I go bold and loud or should I play something quieter with a lot of subtle cymbal play and background wizardry. Maybe No More Tears by Ozzy for bold and loud and Someone Saved My Life Tonight by Elton for a quieter passage. Oh, the decisions that have to be made. I’m leaning towards quieter, because I seem to enjoy hearing what my system can do with those songs. What would you choose? Yes, I’ll be pulling songs from my entire collection that I know are great, for one reason or another, the rest of the evening. But, what first? I’m looking forward to some great listening experiences!

128x128baclagg