I guess Mikey's already bought his.

And some oligarchs who still have a bit of disposable.

SAT is too much bling for me.  With that amount of bling I seriously question if the designer is really wedded only to good engineering.  He talks the talk.

@optimize    If you are getting extra bass from LPs, your funk Houdini (nearly the right name) is probably just adding resonance (NOT subtracting it as you say).  You are not getting more of what's in the groove; the resonance is just amplifying it.  Take it off, bin it and get back to listening to the music.

will never listen to such stratospheric items, so I have no opinion ...BUT, there must always be a significant degree of diminishing returns and simple BLING at those $$ levels.....

Hold on fella @larryi. The position of the counter weight in relation to the pivot and cartridge determine the way the tonearm balances. There are two types of balance, stable balance and neutral balance. A stable balance arm is much easier to make. If you balance a stable balance arm so that it floats horizontally, lift it an inch or two, let go and it will swing up and down until it finds its stable balance point. It will find the same balance point every time. If you do this to a neutral balance arm it will stay exactly where you let go where ever you let go. What this means in the real world is that a neutral balance arm maintains exactly the same VTF regardless of it's height whereas a stable balance arm increases VTF an the way and decreases it on the way down. Which arm do you think tracks warps better? Which arm maintains VTF regardless of record thickness. Which arm would you rather have. Granted, it all records were perfectly flat and of the same thickness it would not matter. Now look at a collection of the best arms out there, The SME V, Kuzma 4 points, Schroder CB, Tri Planar, and the Reed 2G and 5T. 

I agree, stable balance IS determined by the position of the counterweight (more accurately the center of gravity) and the pivot—neutral balance is where the  center of gravity is one the same horizontal plane of the pivot.  The other poster said that the counterweight and pivot should be on the same level as the stylus playing the record, that is what I disagreed with.  Looking at the SAT arm it appears that the center of gravity is aligned with the pivot, and because the head shell is slightly raised relative to the arm stem, that would also mean that the cartridge weight is distributed well above and below the center of gravity of the arm.  By all appearances this IS a neutral balance arm.