Vandersteen Forum

I bought an older pair of Vandersteen 2Ce and did not like them. Found out one woofer was crackling (what I did not like was poor tweeter and midrange). I went onto the Vandersteen forum to see if changing a component or two would better the sound than 25 year old speakers. In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology. 
The replies raised my eyebrows. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with that forum and did they find it cult-like or is it just me?

128x128geworthomd
Post removed 

My first Vandys were the 2CE Sigs.  I don’t know how old they were but I found the sound absolutely gorgeous.  They were the “comfort food” of the speaker world to me.

I totally get when the manufacture’s sound isn’t to one’s liking, but the way you describe them, I’m guessing they are totally f’d up somehow.

So you went to a forum for one particular brand of speakers and they defended and talked them up? Wow. Shocking. 

If your speaker is broken, send it back to Vandersteen to fix it.   Even though its an older model, it will produce very musical sounds.  The Vandersteen website can be intimidating....many on that site have systems that approach a million dollars.  Richard will talk to you for advice and help restore your speaker to new aural delights.  Call him.